Rollin' With My Babies!

Rollin' With My Babies!

Monday, May 31, 2010

Bathtime hints!

Okay, so I know that a lot of us mommies have had to deal with a not-so-fun aspect of infancy: cradle cap. That gross flaky skin can be a constant annoyance, and can even make us hesitate when it comes to determining a bath schedule for our babies in the fear of drying it out even further.

Now, Will (as perfect as he is, haha) has not been immune to cradle cap. I've tried many things, from expensive cradle cap lotions to plain 'ol baby oil, and nothing has seemed to work. I've even tried using adult dandruff shampoo once, which works, but I want to avoid using any harsh chemicals on my baby's sensitive skin.

I had a friend suggest using olive oil. So, the other night, I gave it a shot- and it WORKED! Plus, it's natural and obviously does not have any harsh additives, so I don't feel guilty about using it at all.


1.) Rub olive oil into the scalp.

2.) Add shampoo and rub that in, too.

3.) Then brush the scales away with a soft brush. Rinse (didn't take a photo of that- I needed two hands for that!). Voila! All done.

...and I just loved the look on his face in this photo- total outtake- but it made me laugh so hard!
RAWR!!


No comments:

Post a Comment