Rollin' With My Babies!

Rollin' With My Babies!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Boom!

Everyone has those moments in their lives that they can distinctly remember, as if a bomb went off in their lives as they knew it.

We had one of those moments at 7:38 p.m. last Monday.

I had just bathed the kids and put them to bed. I was holding the baby and was getting ready to bathe him, and I walked past the computer. I casually check my e-mail, hoping to get an e-mail from B about how his day was going. I see an e-mail from him with the Re: line as "Assignment in Houston."

Hmmm, I thought. This had to be the "gentle letdown" that the Air Force gives to those who DON'T get jobs that they want. We hadn't heard about this job in Houston for almost two months...there is no way that this could be good news.

I open it. The line from my husband is "FYI."

Okay...definitely didn't get it.

I let my eyes wander down the page and see a word that I didn't expect to see: "Congratulations."

HUH?!

Yup. You guessed it: we are MOVING TO TEXAS!!

These last few days have been a flurry of activity; but as of now, it's true: yes, we are moving to Houston, Texas sometime this fall. We are very sad to leave our friends here in Los Angeles, but we are also excited to be able to find a bigger house and have more land for the kids to run on. Texas seems very kid-friendly, so that's a definitely plus!

Giddy on up!!

2 comments:

  1. We will only be 3 hours away in San Antonio so we will have to get together sometime!

    ReplyDelete