Rollin' With My Babies!

Rollin' With My Babies!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

California Dreamin'



Yesterday, I had a surreal experience. As I was making dinner, the kids started screaming "Daddy's Car! Daddy's Car!" I laughed. "Girls, that's not Daddy's car. I miss him, too. But that's not his car."
What I didn't say was that Daddy's car doesn't make noise. It's a PRIUS. lol.
Anyways, the girls kept yelling. Then they ran to the screen door, and my gaze followed. Just then, I saw it: B's boss' car, an incredible Mustang GT. Brent and my dream car.
They somehow knew THAT car!
The car turns around, and pulls in front of our house. Brent's boss jumps out, tells me that he is sorry but he has to catch a flight, and leaves me something that I didn't think I would hold for a long time: the keys to his car!
Mustangs have been on our "dream sheet" for, well, forever. Brent and my very first conversation EVER was about classic Mustangs. Seriously. He was impressed that I knew that I wanted a 1967 Mustang Fastback someday. I was impressed that he seemed to like how I knew what I wanted in a car. From that point on, I knew what I wanted in a man: him.
It may not be ours, but it's nice to dream.
But, for now, I'm happy to have this beautiful car sitting in front of my house. The girls are, too! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment