Rollin' With My Babies!

Rollin' With My Babies!

Monday, April 5, 2010

Ah, Danielle...

I love my daughter. I love her bouncy curls, her sweet smile, and her ability to charm her way out of almost any situation. I love how when other kids are looking through "point and find" books, Dani goes for fashion magazines to proudly point out purses, belts, and shoes.

Ah, Danielle...my sweet, sweet girl.....who LOVES to lock herself in her room! Argh! After Brent left today, I put her down for a nap. After about ten minutes, I heard funny noises in her room, so I went to go check on her, only to find her door LOCKED!

The lock to her room isn't just any lock-- it's one of those old-fashioned privacy locks that you need to have an L-shaped key for. Most houses have them readily available on top of the door frames; mine has had so many owners in its 60-plus year lifetime that the privacy keys are long gone. I called Brent in a panic; no screwdriver we had was working, Dani soon picked up on my frustration and was screaming, and Dani is too little to understand how to undo what she did....poor Brent was trying to explain other options to me, but my head was started to get clouded with the fear that, if Dani would decide to do something like jump head-first off her bed, I would not be able to get to her. Scary!

Luckily, our wonderful neighbor, George, was home. He came over with one of his privacy locks and popped it open in a jiffy. Dani, who was just screaming her head off, beamed as soon as she saw George! I didn't know whether to laugh with relief or cry with frustration...I guess that's just life with a two-year-old!

No comments:

Post a Comment