Rollin' With My Babies!

Rollin' With My Babies!

Monday, April 5, 2010

Mama Wants!

I mentioned this on Facebook a few weeks ago, but I will be documenting this journey here on my blog.

I recently purchased Lisa Druxman's new workout video series, "Mama Wants Her Body Back." I decided on using this series for a couple of reasons: 1.) I don't have time to do P90X with my three kids, a house, and a serious hobby (photography); 2.) in the interest of full disclosure, I am already an instructor for Stroller Strides, Mama Wants' sister program; and 3.) I want to utilize the mommy-centered workouts that focus on those areas that we want to improve post-baby.

Oh, and with three kids, there will definitely be days where I physically can't get out of the house. I need to be able to use momentum to keep going with working out. I also want to be able to have my day center around my kids, so 20-minute long sessions seem to fit juuuuussssst fine. I put my kids down for their naps, get the video session in, and... ka-pow! Done.

I will also keep track of my progress this time. After my second child, Danielle, I didn't record my measurements for comparison's sake. Did I lose the weight after starting Stroller Strides? Yes, and then some. But do I know how many inches I lost, or how much muscle I gained? Nope- not a clue. Not this time, though. It's time to keep track of all of this stuff!

I am starting at about the same point, time-wise, following Will's birth as I did with Danielle's. Today, I'm exactly 6 weeks and four days postpartdom.

Here are my stats as of 4/5/2010:
Weight: 158
Bust: 39.5 (note: breastfeeding....)
Waist: 33
Hips: 40

Safe weight loss goals while breastfeeding: 1-2 lbs./week.
Realistic time frame for significant progress: 6 to 9 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment