Rollin' With My Babies!

Rollin' With My Babies!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Egg-Free Ricotta Pancakes!


Okay, so any of you who really know me know that my daughter, Danielle, or Sissy (our favorite nickname for her), has some food allergies, with eggs falling under that bracket. I'm constantly in search of good recipes that allow her to enjoy some of the simpler foods that we often take for granted when we don't have egg allergies, and pancakes are one of them.

Admittedly, I am NOT good at making pancakes. Often times, I either mess up the recipe, or I burn them, or I undercook them.

But, all that aside, I think I found a recipe that even I can stick with. The kids LOVE it, and it's "Sissy-safe."

As you can see, Sissy likes it when I make "Hot Dog" (or Mickey Mouse-shaped) pancakes. It's a traditional recipe that I've added my own spin to with the vanilla extract and cinnamon...I think they add more flavor.

Egg-Free Ricotta Pancakes

1 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tbsp. sugar
1 c. lowfat ricotta cheese
1 c. lowfat milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

You can add extras like chocolate chips if you would like (see photo).

When all ingredients are mixed together, be aware that the batter will be a bit lumpy. That's normal.

Grill on a griddle and flip until both sides are golden. Serve as desired (such as with syrup, or my personal favorite, strawberry preserves).

2 comments:

  1. made these today - yum! so delicious and fluffy

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very hard to flip and manage;they dont stick together.
    Tasty though.

    ReplyDelete