Rollin' With My Babies!

Rollin' With My Babies!

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Mouthwatering Macaroni


I am all about making the foods that kids typically eat healthier. I try to have my kids eat healthy food; however, with juggling three kids, working part-time, and trying to keep everyone sane, I am all about easy food, too. Especially when we are running behind on naptime.

My kids love Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. It's "Sissy-Safe", and it's, well, orange. My kids love things that are orange. I've tried other healthy and organic brands, and...well...let's just say that the kids weren't as enthusiastic.

So, here's how I make Kraft Mac and Cheese a bit easier for me, as a mom, to swallow.

Instead of adding 4 tablespoons of butter to the mix, totaling 404 EXTRA calories per box, I add 4 tablespoons of light sour cream, bringing the total added calories to 80.

It makes the consistency a bit creamier than the original; however, my kids really like it. And it makes me feel a bit better, too.

2 comments:

  1. I never thought to put sour cream, i just always omit the butter all together! I will have to try that next time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the kids like it! Give it a try! ;)

    ReplyDelete