Rollin' With My Babies!

Rollin' With My Babies!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

My Beautiful Ballerina



Yesterday was a BIG day in the life of Grace. A SERIOUSLY big day...she had her first ballet recital!

As you can see, the theme of her dance was "The Little Mermaid." I am so proud of how hard she had to work to get the dance down; in fact, I can tell you that she's been practicing for this very day since JANUARY! Little by little, practice by practice, the little girls in her class learned all of the necessary parts of the dance in order to make the performance (somewhat) fluid.

Pun intended.

Since she had never been on stage before, I was a little worried that she would get a case of stage fright. To compound that fear, Grace and I had a rough afternoon leading up to to the performance because, quite frankly, she hadn't taken a nap. I even thought I locked myself out of the house for a bit...yeah, it was one of "those" kinds of days.

So, when she came out on stage with her classmates, I wasn't sure what would happen.

What happened, though, is that she did beautifully. Grace seemed to really know the dance steps by heart, and I didn't see her glance at her teachers (who danced on the side of the stage for those kids who got a bit lost) even ONCE!

My little baby is growing up. I am just glad that she's part of MY world. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment