Rollin' With My Babies!

Rollin' With My Babies!

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Happy Fathers' Day



This weekend was a special one- my parents came to visit! The kids ALWAYS love to see their "Meema and Peepa," and it was VERY NICE to be able to enjoy some downtime with the kids and some extra help!
It was very nice to be able to have my dad here for Father's Day. He is the best dad I could ever ask for- his honesty, integrity, steadfastness and humor made him an incredible father and an even more incredible grandfather. It set the bar high for what I expect out of myself as a parent! He and my mom raised four kids, with all of us doing well in school, graduating college, and we are all now doing well in our personal and professional lives. We never had any problems with attitudes, drugs, drinking, etc., etc....my dad never expected anything less.
In other words, my dad somehow raised us in a way that we never wanted to disappoint him. And I don't think we have. We have all entered (or married into) fields of service, just like him (he is a retired police officer, my mom is a teacher). The two out of four of us who have kids and husbands laugh sometimes at how the "dad" comes out in us sometimes, too. ;)
I love you, Dad, and I'm glad you are my father. You have made us better people, and everyone who comes in contact with you is affected by the humble, yet strong, way you live your life. The world is a better place because you are in it.
Happy Fathers' Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment