Rollin' With My Babies!

Rollin' With My Babies!

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Grace and God

As we were saying our prayers tonight, the kids and I did our typical runthrough of names of whom we bless daily: "God bless Mommy, Daddy, Gracie, Dani, Will, Meemas, Peepas, Aunties, Uncles and Cousins."
Tonight, I added "...and God, please bless Grandma S, who needs your comfort."
Grace, noticing the add-on, asked "Mommy, what's wrong with Grandma S?"
"Oh, honey, she's sick. She needs our prayers for her comfort."
"Why? Does she have a cold?"
"No, honey...she has something called cancer, and it's not good. She may be meeting God and seeing Great Grandpa S soon."
"Oh, what's cancer?"
"It's something that can make you really sick. Sometimes it means that you will be meeting God soon."
"Oh. Well, that's good that she will be meeting God soon. That way she will feel better. I don't want her to be sick and hurt anymore."
Whoa.
Out of the mouths of babes.

No comments:

Post a Comment